Saturday, January 24, 2009

My new Job!

So we've moved onto Base (or Post as the Army calls it). It was a LONG weekend when we moved. By the time we got to Post on Monday the 12th, the sun was going down and we were exhausted. Luckily our new neighbors came out in force and we had the truck unloaded in two hours! Gotta love the tight-knit military community. In fact Dara has already been invited to a scrapbooking night with one of our neighbors. So the next day I went to check in at my job. I didn't expect to be there all day but I was. I also expected to have a day or two to unwind and unpack- no chance. I went right to work with in-processing (paperwork) and meeting the staff and command group. It's going to be a fun assignment. The people are all goofy, fun, knowledgeable, and helpful. I won't be teaching right away. I need to shadow all the classes, then go to an Instructor's Course which will teach me HOW to teach. Finally before I am certified as an instructor I need to pass three evaluations. It sounds like a lot of work, but if some of the people who have become instructor's can do it, I am sure I can too. So ultimately it should be end of May, beginning of June before I am a full fledged instructor.
As for the family- Brianna has started back at kindergarten here on base...I mean Post. It's all kindergarten kids and not multi-age like her class in VA. She gets to ride a bus even though she is less than a mile from the school. Once she is in First Grade she will be expected to walk. Riley hasn't started Pre-School yet but we anxiously await that time. Dara enjoys being a stay home mom again and is brainstorming ideas in painting, decorating etc.
Well that's all for now, see you again in a couple weeks (haha), seeing as how I have tons to say but no motivation when it comes down to it.

No comments: