Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Valentine's was GOOOD!

So after being afflicted with the disease of not caring for pointless commercial holidays (ie: Valentine's, St Paddy's Day, etc) I finally impressed the wife with a very thoughtful Valentine's Day. First off I made her believe I still had to go into work (i actually took the day off), so I took our daughter to the sitter as per normal. From there on out I ran my errands and cleaned up the house. To keep things 'real' I put on my uniform and dropped off lunch at my wife's work. Back home I was preparing dessert. I made chocolate Cheescake from scratch thank you very much. No Easy Bake Jell-o recipe. Well to make a long story short, I had made a Chicken Caesar dinner (not a salad though), Honey-Almond Croisannts, and the cheesecake. I had the table all done up with roses, chocolates, and heart decor. When she walked in from her long day at work she was so impressed, I even dressed up nice. She started to cry because she said to her co-workers that she wasn't expecting anything from me since I am so bad at holidays and birthdays (hey when you don't have the money you can't do much and inspiration for me doesn't come cheap). So it was a good night So guys any problems with the ladies? Ask me I'll try and help you out.
Later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I have problems with the ladies...but nothing that I am willing to be counseled or corrected about over your BLOG, not because your advice wouldn't be good, because it would...I mean come on...you even thought to put your uniform on and bring Dara lunch to keep her in the dark about your plans...PIMP!!! (insert older brother dusting his shoulders off a la JAY-Z)...but the reason I am not willing to discuss matters about Sata....(cough, cough, attempting to regain composure)....about GIRLS.... is because what if DAD were to wonder across this BLOG, that could be no bueno for me. No bueno translated into english means, "all money stops"

~An aside to my DAD~
Just kidding DAD, of course nothing would be discussed on here, that you wouldn't approve of.

(Insert over-exaggrated wink from younger brother to older brother)

~A second aside to my DAD~
Please disregard that last insert read, striking it from the record.

Well anywho if I have anymore girl troubles I will call you and Dara on the cell phone, that is unless of course our DAD has figured out a way to tap those. (I'm sure he has, and if not at least he knows to start working on it now)

~A final aside to my DAD~
I have a cell phone scrambler, that is universally un-tapable!

(Insert another over-exaggrated wink from younger brother to older brother)

BENDER OUT!

Anonymous said...

BCB - how utterly romantic and creative of you to do that for Valentine's Day. I'm sure your lovely wife was very, very surprised and thrilled. I can only imagine how many points you made with that one! Now how to come up with something even more impressive to top that one for her birthday or next Valentine's Day! But I'm sure you'll come up with something - you're just so clever (runs in the family no doubt)!

My sweetie gave me a lovely Black Hills Gold ring - very dainty and pretty. I was so impressed! We also went out to a favorite Chinese restaurant of ours here to celebrate early (last Thurs) as he had to work at the Dome on Monday night. We were also celebrating my upcoming new job! I applied for and got a job as a Customer Svc. Rep. for Lifeline - in the same bldg. I'm working at now but a different dept. Will be working every day but only in the afternoons / 4 hrs. a day. I can't wait to start (in a few weeks). We all miss seeing you all but hopefully will get a chance to get together this summer perhaps - we'll see what develops. Maybe I'll win the lottery and be able to fly you all back here for a visit! Wouldn't that be nice! Mom/dad doing well -she just loved your card with the pix - it was so cute! She just loves getting mail and pix from you all! Well gotta go - love to everyone. Stay healthy! MDC